Trump Accuses Obama of “Wire-Tapping”

President Trump recently went on a twitter rant accusing his predecessor, Barack Obama, of wire tapping his phones in Trump tower prior to this past election. Trump did not offer evidence for this claim and an Obama spokesman denied the accusation. This is coming after a few of Trump’s cabinet members were under suspicions of having contacts in Russia during the election. There will be an investigation as to whether or not these accusations are true. For me, it seems a little strange that our president would publically accuse anyone, let alone a former president, of a crime without providing substantial evidence. Even if the claims are true, I don’t think that the president should be making such claims and so far, I have not seen any palpable benefit to Trump’s twitter. It will be interesting to see if the claims are true as it would be seen as even more irresponsible if there was no evidence to support Trump’s accusations.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/04/518478158/president-trump-accuses-obama-of-wire-tapping-provides-no-evidence

1 Thought.

1. Trump needs to have his twitter taken away if he can’t use it properly. I agree that If there is no palpable evidence to support his claims, he should not make them publicly. Trump will likely make a fool of himself in the end, as was the case with many of his previous accusations.